Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Beginning

Hello everyone!

Getting to England was a little difficult, since the plane I was supposed to take from the States was found to be broken as I boarded it. We took off late and I missed my connecting flight in Germany, so I had to take a few more flights before finally making it to England. But I'm here, safe and sound with an amazing host family!

So far I've spent my time meeting people, wondering around the city, orienting myself to the English lifestyle, and have learned that they have peanut butter, so I don't have to live without it for a year! I've had more tea this week than I have in my entire life. The people here are the most hospitable people I've ever met, and constantly offer me food or something to drink or assistance with whatever I need. One of my new-found friend informed me that the only reason I can't understand her is because she "actually speaks English!" So I have a lot to learn, and am very excited.

~Heidi

5 comments:

  1. A) that's strange you had to go to Germany before going to the UK
    B) Tea is the most amazing thing of all time, although I discovered that (in my opinion) English Afternoon tea isn't nearly as delicious as English Breakfast tea.
    C) where are you in England? what are you doing again?

    I look forward to reading your updates! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to tell your friend that YOU speak English because WE won the Revolution, meaning the US now has the right to the English language

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it ok, with visa and all, and now getting settled. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete